Ok, so 2009 is more than half gone, yet software companies like Intuit and Microsoft still can’t get on the same page with their software. By now Intuit’s QuickBooks and Quicken 2009 products have been available for over 8-10 months, yet still have some pretty significant issues when installed on Microsoft’s 64 bit Vista Operating System.
The print to PDF feature has been broken since the original release of the QuickBooks 2009 and Quicken 2009, when used on Microsoft’s 64 bit Vista Operating System. So why can they say the software is compatible with the 64 bit version and what is taking the developers so long to get it fixed?
Answer, Intuit is too lazy to develop their own print to PDF ability. The print to PDF feature is only available if you allow a 3rd party software to be installed during the QuickBooks or Quicken installation. The third party is way behind getting a fix working for either title. There was a patch or fix of sorts released. Then something broke it. Another patch or fix was released and something broke it too!
I just helped a client with this exact issue. Funny thing is I had already helped the same client with this exact same issue earlier this year. The client is using Quicken 2009. It just had an update of some sort installed in the last week to ten days.
Guess what? The print to PDF quit working, again!
My first instinct was to try the steps I used to fix it before. This time though, the fix didn’t work.
I checked the computer over for the traditional printer issues and still didn’t have a solution. So, I started digging for answers on the internet. I came across an article published on the folks at CCR Software. The article titled “Solving QuickBooks Problems on 64 bit Vista” was published back in October of 2008 and was updated in March of this year. Yet, there is still no 100% effective solution.
You will see this article makes reference to two resolution methods. Earlier this year, when my client first had this problem, Method 2 was thought to be the “SURE FIRE” way to fix the issue. Now that I’ve had to fix it again, I found the solution this time to be in the “Solving the Problem – Method 1″ section.
While the solution that worked for me was found on the CCR Software website, feel free to comment about your issues in the comments section.