It’s out there!
… and somewhere, a poor, unsuspecting soul is about to buy windoz 7. (Echoing NO, No, no!)
windoz Vista (32 bit & 64 bit) is among the most garbage operating systems yet, from micro$oft (well other than windoz me). However, we are talking about micro$oft, so there is still room for things to get worst.
… but is it as bad as some people think? You tell me! At the time this blog article was published, Google shows 117,000,000 results on a simple search for “Problems with Windows 7” (click the previous link to see what the results are up to now). I have listed links below, I thought may be of importance to our readers!
- Do you have an iPhone? – Apple Discussions – iPhone 3GS Sync problems
- Do you have a BlackBery? – BlackBerry Forums – OS, Firmware, Installation & Sync issues
- CNET posts – Students find problems with Windows 7 upgrade
- Annoyances.org lists issues here.
- IT World talks about XP Hold Outs
- GHacks.net discusses Endless Reboot Vista To Windows 7 Upgrade Problems
- Microsoft TechNet – users touting no video
- TechSupportForum.com – CPU issues
- WinMatrix.com – XBox 360 Extender Feature SLOW
- SevenForums.com – Backup/Restore issues – and has multiple Windows 7 issues listed in addition to this one!
- TomsHardware.com – Screen Resolution, Graphics, SLI & Installation Issues
- Windows7Forums.com – Drivers
- Intel Communities – SATA Hard Drive issues
- TechRepublic.com – SATA & External USB Hard Drive issues
- Google – Google’s Picasa having issues
- DriverHeaven.net – more driver issues
windoz 7 has only been out a few days. What do you think of the reviews so far?
Of course, micro$oft will tell you that the issues windoz 7 has, is not their fault. micro$oft passes all the blame on to each and every third party application developer and hardware manufacturer. However, I think it is high time micro$oft is held accountable by the public. A lot of people felt this way when windoz vista was launched.
IT World Published “… just 21 percent of windoz users currently run Vista, according to Web metrics company Net Applications. Most windozv users (65 percent) still run xp; they like it and they are wary of the compatibility issues that have plagued vista.” It’s no wonder so few people actually upgraded their xp machines to vista. We didn’t upgrade because we don’t trust micro$oft. Any reasonable person would be hesitant about to throwing away $100 – $300 for a new operating system from micro$oft, especially if it doesn’t function at least as well as the “older” windoz xp we are already using (Well, the xp you are using. I’m using a MAC).
I think Apple’s new commercial hit the nail on the head. “I feel like we’ve all heard this before!” See the “Broken Promises” commercial.
If you are sick of being let down by micro$oft, maybe you should see Apple’s “PC News” commercial.
I’m sure, like with any new software, windoz 7 will have it’s own growing pains. windoz xp is on SP3 (Service Pack 3), and probably close to SP4. So, my recommendation is to stay with xp (specifically xp Pro) until windoz 7 is releases SP2. Maybe by then it will be worth trying. However, as of right now, my answer to the question “Smash Hit or Trash it” is definitely TRASH IT. Maybe I’ll change my mind as windoz 7 goes through a couple cycles of Service Packs, but I wouldn’t hold my breath!