Recently, I was going through the songs on my iPhone and noticed I had very few country music titles shown. Needless to say, I was a little confused by this. Country Music is a staple in my playlist of music.
It took a little digging around, before I noticed there were several hundred songs, listed in the “Country & Folk” genre. Folk? I don’t classify anything I listen to as Folk, but I guess iTunes did.
Okay, now that I’ve found the issue, all I needed to know was how to change the Song Genre in iTunes.
It actually wasn’t as difficult as I thought it may be.
- Sort the list by “Genre.”
- Select all files in the Genre you want to fix/change.
- Rt-Click and choose “Get Info.”
- You may be prompted with a message “Are you sure you want to edit information for multiple items?” To which you will need to answer “Yes.”
- At the very bottom of the Multiple Item Information screen, you should see the option for “Genre.”
- Change the information to reflect the genre you want to be reflected for those songs.
- Double check your changes, because this could have a major effect on your playlist.
- Confirm your changes by clicking on the “OK” button.