Many who know me, know I’m an opinionated person. I have an opinion, on just about everything and I don’t hold my punches.
Running my own hosting environment allows me to create any kind of website I want, discussion any topic I want, and convey any opinion I want, without being shut down (for the most part). There is no third party to tell me what is and is not acceptable.
While I write a lot of opinionated articles, the objective, of my website, is to provide accurate and relevant information, on Search Engine Optimization, Web Presence, Web Design and how the three should work together. These, and related topics, are what should stand out, instead of opinions on other topics.
With this in mind, I evaluated the existing content on my website and compared it to the objective. Then I started the 2012 content clean-up.
- Categories were cleaned up and consolidated. While other categories may be added, in the future, there exists now, only the 12 following categories:
- Off Topic – This category contains articles, not related to existing categories. (This is where just about any content, not related to Photography, Scams, SEM, SEO, SERP, SRI, Technology, Web Design or Web Presence, was placed.)
- On the Go – This category contains articles posted “On the Go” from a mobile device. (Items in this category, may be edited and checked for spelling/grammar, before being added to another category.)
- Photography – This category contains articles about Photography.
- Scams – This category contains articles about scams.
- SEM – This category contains articles about SEM.
- SEO – This category contains articles about SEO.
- SERP – This category contains articles about SERP.
- SRI – This category contains articles about SRI.
- Technology – This category contains articles about Technology.
- Uncategorized – This category contains articles about Uncategorized.
- Web Design – This category contains articles about Web Design.
- Web Presence – This category contains articles about Web Presence.
- Tags were cleaned up and consolidated.
- “as having nothing to do with Photography Scams SEM SEO SERP SRI Technology Web Design or Web Presence” was added as a tag, to associate all content, unrelated to said categories. This will allow the WordPress post page to read: “Tagged as having nothing to do with SEM SEO SERP SRI Technology Web Design or Web Presence”
- A lot of posts had images associated with them. However, many images were not credited, making copyright determination difficult. To respect the copyright work of other artist and to comply with various copyright laws, all images without an a open license, were permanently removed from my website.
- The WordPress theme was changed to provide more focus on the primary content categories.
- The “Top Menu” area now displays links to the about, contact and hire areas.
- The “Primary Menu” area now lists the primary categories, visitors will be looking for, when visiting my website.
- A “Secondary Menu” was created to list other categories, visitors are not necessarily looking for, when visiting my website.
- Special focus was given to utilizing the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
- Minor maintenance will be on-going. This maintenance will focus on:
- The SEO of the entire website.
- Replacing removed images with my own, or other open licensed images.