Okay, I don’t want to speak ill of the dead, but Facebook users really need to wake up!
It is entirely possible that some troubled teenager, committed suicide after someone posted something on Facebook.
FACEBOOK ALERT: The link circulating around Facebook “This Girl Killed Herself After Dad Posted This On Her Wall” is a SCAM, even potentially dangerous.
You may have even seen it recently, even though it is said to have occurred years ago! It was already out this year around August/September.
How do I know it is a scam?
- http://apps.facebook.com/ is for Facebook applications. When a person or group wants to raise awareness of something, it usually isn’t in the form of an app.
- When a person or group wants to raise awareness of something, they don’t make you “LIKE” the cause, group or page, before allowing you to read the information.
- This same post went around several months ago and has been around for a couple years.
This Facebook message is known to have ties to Browser-Hijacks, Click-Jacking, Mal-ware, Spy-ware and Virus activity. In fact, if you clicked on the message it is highly likely your Windows Computer is now infected. If you use Windows and Internet Explorer, I would go as far as saying, YOUR PC IS INFECTED. If you went through the steps to read about this tragic story and are not running Linux like me, have your computer checked out by a professional.
Do you want more information on this story? Take your pick of the sources below!
- FACEBOOK HOAX: ‘Girl Who Killed Herself’ Virus Warning – August 6, 2010
- Facebook ‘Girl Kills Herself’ Scam Returns with Clickjacking Twist – September 24th, 2010
- Girl killed herself, after her dad posted this to her wall? No, a new spin on a Facebook scam – September 24th, 2010